I can’t stand cantaloupe. There is a weird sweet smell of it. I’m not sure. I wish I knew why I didn’t care for it, but I never have. I once mixed it in a fruit cocktail, mainly because I didn’t want it going bad. It made the rest of the fruit taste like it and I was able to get by with the taste… but to this day, I can’t stand this fruit. Sorry poor Cantaloupe.
What in the heck is Ageism you might be asking? Don’t worry, I looked it up.
Noun. Prejudice or discrimination on the basis of a person’s age.
Hmmm… There’s a word for that. I truthfully didn’t know that.
I believe it exists. I have experienced it before. I don’t really know what to say, so I’ll leave it at, if you’re on the receiving end…. it sucks.
A book I like
Why oh why did I pull a book off my comps list? Because Jane Austen had a way with words. You could even debate that she was a feminist before feminism was a thing. 1775-1817… And the character of Elizabeth was a very strong willed woman. Yes, she ended up with a man at the end, but she challenged Mr. Darcy at every turn. In fact, he was quite appalled by her at first, yet so intrigued.
Secondly, I have a thing for the British. I love their writing, their words, the look of London in pictures and movies. I really want to visit London someday. It’s on my list.
Ha! If you know me, you know I don’t have any tattoos. So what on earth will I discuss?
Okay, the 2 tattoos I’ve thought about getting. Both are small and weird, really… I’ve thought:
- I’ve thought about getting a toe ring tattoo. I used to wear 3 toe rings at a time. Then winter hit and I couldn’t wear them in my close toed shoes so I got out of the habit. I just thought if I had one tattooed, then I wouldn’t have to worry about it fitting in close toed shoes.
- The other one I’ve recently thought about is a wedding band. Weird I know… I saw someone who had that. I never take my wedding band off, but sometimes I do take my wedding ring off. This would have helped when I was pregnant and throwing a fit that I didn’t want people to think I was an unmarried mother. Yes, I worried about that.
So there you have it.
Find list of topics here and Join in!!
I was sitting here thinking, who fascinates me? Is it sad I chose a character out of a novel?
While debating who really fascinated me, I went and googled the word fascinate. I really just wanted a good definition. I was hoping that a definition would help me decide who truly fascinated me.
Fascinate: draw irresistibly the attention and interest of (someone).
Who draws my attention? Sure, I like people like Jennifer Anniston, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, etc. Wow, I just named all the female Characters from Friends. Sad but true… but do they truly fascinate me? Not really. There are the male characters as well, David Schwimmer, Matt Le Blanc, and Matthew Perry. I just had to name them all.
There are people who every so often I need to look up information on, or would at least like to look information up on. Oddly enough, I think I’m one of those people who eat up information. It’s kind of an annoying habit really. Just the other day I got teased for being the “internet look up lady.” I think it was meant to be funny, but I am that person. When I want to know something, I look it up. I like to know things. And remember, if it is on the internet it MUST be true. ha!
But who truly fascinates me? That’s when it hit me…..
I’ve thought and thought and thought about how I would answer this. I finally came up with my answer:
I know that there was a revolt and uprising recently (within the past years) which kind of makes it a little bit of an unsafe place… But, here’s the deal… My great grandpa came to this country from Greece. My Grandma was half Greek. I’m quite removed, but I’d absolutely love to learn about that side of me. And those views. All photos I’ve seen are always of a similar view. I know not all of the country has this gorgeous of a view, but seriously.
How many times have I shared facts about myself…. seriously? Like is there anything about myself I could tell you that you don’t already know? Hmmm…. I guess I’ll approach it this way…..
10 Interesting Facts About Me: The Anniversary Edition
- My husband and I were both 27 when we got married.
- I knew I wanted to get married in the church my parents got married in. It just so happened to be the church I was a member of. It almost didn’t happen, but in the end, it did.
- I’m not sure anything will top our 1st Anniversary…. 1 Week in Hawaii.
- We honeymooned in Chicago. While people questioned us, it was actually a lot of fun! We ate our way around the city, no joke.
- This year, we spent our 7th Anniversary in the Hayfield. Stories to come! (more…)
Ok, we’ll, address the first kiss first.
So… this is a fact I could use for tomorrow’s post… I was sweet 16 and never kissed. I really thought that was cool until I became that 16 years old who had never had a boyfriend nor had a kiss and then I just felt like a loser. So as a Junior who had never had a boyfriend or been kissed… I got set up on a blind date to football homecoming with a friend’s boyfriend’s friend. In fact, I think it might have been his cousin…
I didn’t know this guy. He was a year younger. I don’t even have a clue what his name is/was. Don’t worry, I did know at the time!
So… we maybe danced twice. He wasn’t interested in dancing I guess and I was shy. Like extremely shy.
Oh heck, my earliest memory? I have a lot of memories and to know which one is the earliest is a bit difficult. So let’s go with this one since we’ve been recently helping my parents renovate their deck.
When I was about 5-6 years old, my dad was building a new horse barn. We had a hay barn that we had makeshift stalls in for the horses, but he wanted something a little more permanent. So that’s when we (by we I mean mom and/or dad) got the idea to make a permanent horse barn. It either had 4 or 5 stalls plus a tack room. As a kid, I was always outside. I remember walking out to the barn area looking for my dad who I knew was out there. When I walked around the corner of the new barn I saw him on a ladder, hanging on trying not to fall. The ladder had shifted on him and the only thing keeping him from falling on the ground was he was holding himself and the ladder up. It’s hard to describe…
I just looked at him and said, What are you doing? I don’t think he’d ever been so happy in his life to see someone. He immediately yelled at me to go get my mom. She came out and helped him down. But I just remember looking up and saying, “What are you doing?” very innocently.
List of topics here if you want to join in!! Leave me a comment if you do!!
I think at one point or another we’re all addicted to social media. And while there are good things about social media… there are bad things too! Yikes!
5 Problems with Social Media
- You lose personal touch with friends. You’re so busy trying to keep up with the Jones’ for lack of better explanation that you spend all your time in social media land instead of actually communicating with your friends verbally. Everyone wants lots of followers and at times they are just meaningless relationships. You lose out on your physical relationships.
- People get cocky behind a computer screen. They’ll type anything they want, especially anonymously without fear of consequences. People get flat out rude on social media. I’m not sure they would say those things to a person’s face.
- There are so many platforms for different social media that you have to learn this one only to learn a new one to eventually learn a new one. And while you should spend your time learning something new every day… don’t you think there are better things you could learn?
- They are addicting. And on top of that… they are a total waste of time. Geez.
- They make you feel inadequate. You spend all your time comparing yourself to other people and feeling sorry for yourself. These are just snippets of people’s lives. You have no idea what their actual life is like.
There are a lot of good reasons and things that come from social media, but there is a lot of bad too. I guess just weigh the pros and cons and go for it.
If you want to join in on the Blogging 30, here is the list of topics! Please leave me a link below if you’re joining in. I want to follow along on your journey!!