So funny story, I love to cook. I got addicted to watching Foodnetwork until, well, we no longer have satellite tv. Now Prince Charming records shows for me and we watch Rachael Ray and Paula Deen while I’m at his house. He didn’t even know who they were when we started dating.
So on to the funny story. My dad gave me the recipe and said we should make it. He bought a 5 lb bag of potatoes. Well I went to cut these potatoes up and the recipe calls for 1 lb potatoes cut in cubes. Well I saw the bag and it said Net Wt. 5 lbs. Well I saw it as Net Wt .5lb so I was thinking it was a half lb bag of potatoes.
So I go to chopping potatoes and the crockpot is getting extremely full and I still have to get onion and brats in there. Yeah turns out I misread the bag and it was a 5lb bag of potatoes I was cutting up. So I dished a bunch of them out, put them in a bowl and added water and stuck it in the fridge. Sounds like we’ll be eating lots of Mashed Potatoes this weekend.
Anyway this is excellent. I’m not always big on brats but this dinner was excellent.
1lb uncooked bratwurst
1lb Yukon Gold potato, in 1.5 inch chunks
1 onion, in 1 inch chunks
1 (14 oz) can sauerkraut
1/2 cup water
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
sour cream or Mustard
1. Place potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot, followed by onion
2. Place whole (not cut up!) bratwurst over top of the onions and potatoes
3. Spoon sauerkraut over brats, and then pour water over the sauerkraut
4. Sprinkle with black pepper and parsley
5. Cover with crock pot lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours
6. Serve with sour cream and/or mustard