1. I’ve spent most of the week writing a paper. It was due at 9am this morning. I sent the professor a question on Wednesday and she finally answered me at 11:30 this morning. I’m glad I turned my rough draft in and didn’t wait on her to answer my question!
2. Hubby was out of town this week for work for a couple days. I kind of felt like a single parent. I wasn’t real crazy about it but I survived!
3. My grandma is going out of town next week for a couple weeks. Please say a prayer for safe travels for her!
4. I have one more week of classes, one week of finals and I’m out for the summer. This summer I’ll be busy reading 50+ books for comps next fall. YIKES! I’m scared!
5. Today and tomorrow the Dive shop that I dive with and am doing my internship with is having a huge Warehouse Sale. It looked like they might get rained out this morning but we didn’t. Instead it’s just been cloudy and cool all day. Oh and part of the day we listened to 80’s music…. wow I didn’t realize I knew so much of it (read that as all of it) and then the other part of the day we listened to Latin/Island music… that was a bit weird.
I’m so glad I turned my paper in without the question answered. It’s just a rough draft and she didn’t answer me until 2 1/2 hours after the paper was due.
Don’t ride with me if you plan on being somewhere on time. I usually hit every stop light along the way. I claim major feat when I can make it through 1 green light.
I’ve started planning baby girl’s 1st birthday. Her boots came in!! These are for her outfit.
This tippy cup rode right there just like that for 3 days. Then hubby took my car and filled it up for me and now it’s laying on its side still sitting there. I might say that 2 of those days I drove 80+ miles a piece. The third day wasn’t quite that many miles but pretty dang close.
This picture cracks me up still. Just what the windshield says.
This morning when I walked into the kitchen I looked at the calendar hanging on the wall and questioned if it was on the right month. It was, it was still on March. Today is the last day. Then just typing that title again had me questioning if I was typing the right month. Holy cow where did the month go? Wasn’t it just the end of February? So without further ado, let’s join up with Emmy Mom for that fun monthly theme, 10 things to smile about!
10. I’m still plugging away at my 365 project… speaking of that I haven’t posted yesterday’s picture yet. Woops, oh well some days I post the next day 🙂
9. We survived our 1st sickness… it sucked but we survived and I got lots and lots of extra baby snuggles!
8. While a tragedy happened to a college friend this month, it was a reminder to hug your families tighter and it gave me a great reason to reminisce with another college roommate. I hate the reason behind it! but I loved talking to Becky. It’s been far to long. I never could get Camille on the phone.
1. I’m still plugging away on my 365 project. No one is really rooting me on, although when I post my daily picture on facebook/instagram I do have people who are rooting for me when they like it. Just makes me feel good and I keep plugging away! Sunday I’ll post all the pics from February but here are the pictures from January…
2. We celebrated my grandma’s birthday at Red Lobster. It’s become a yearly tradition. Grandma passed away in 2007 but we still celebrate her birthday every year. My SIL had her baby that same day.
1. It’s fun to think that hubby and I have been together for 5 1/2 years. Now that might not be long for most people but it truly excites me. Part of the reason is in just a few short days he’ll be my longest relationship on record and I’m totally okay with that!
2. Tbug turned 12. Dang, where has the time gone? I’ve been in her life (or she’s been in mine…) for almost 6 years now. It’ll be 6 years the first part of August. Want the exact day? Friday July 31st, 2009. So I guess the end of July to be exact. That night she introduced me as her daddy’s girlfriend even though we weren’t dating at the time, we’d just been on a date…
3. I went to the New Year’s Day dive but I chickened out this year when it came to actually diving… it was cold that day!
5. I got to be involved in an extremely worthy cause give away.
6. Baby girl’s hair went up in pigtails and she was a hoot. I swear it changed her personality and she has a pretty great personality without the pigtails!
7. My baby girl turned 7 months old, although I think I want to cry at that too. She’s growing up way to fast. She’s going to be 20 before I know it. Why I picked 20 who knows. and that would be referring to years not months. months will definitely come faster than years! okay I’m going to stop now before I start crying!
8. I got a new phone case. It feels different than my other one so I’m not 100% sure how much I like it but I love the picture on it!
9. I went to my Sister in law’s baby shower. (btw, if you’re reading this, you’re old. hey I have to get my jabs in when I can. And if you aren’t here and reading this… she picks on my hair.)
10. Here’s a good laugh for you. I swear I”m losing my mind. I made these Brownies for Sunday Night Dinner. Yeah I was in a hurry trying to get them in the oven so that they’d bake… I completely forgot to put sugar in them. So we had sugarless brownies. They weren’t bad but the texture was a bit off… but ice cream solved the whole thing.
I didn’t have school on Monday because of Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday. I really don’t remember getting this day off last year but I’ll take it!
You know I think baby girl hasn’t fallen asleep in my arms since she was a widdle (little) baby. Tuesday I was sitting at my parents house for a few minutes before I had to leave for school and she took a snooze in my arms. I just sat there and soaked it up. She’ll sleep in my mom and my MIL’s arms but not mine.
Wednesday we put her hair up in pigtails. OMG, that totally changed her personality! Wow she was full of it! It was soooo adorable, cute, funny, hilarious, and every other describing word you can think of!
I started working on making her baby food yesterday and the things I needed to process it up were in the dishwasher. I forgot so right before bed I jumped in the shower (our nightly routine, I shower first, then Abug and hubby jump in, then I take Abug and lotion/diaper/dress her, hubby finishes his shower then she eats and we all crash), hubby went to make her bottle and had to finish up her food for her. She was screaming her head off when I got out of the shower.
Normally she wakes up somewhere between 6 and 8 in the morning for her morning feeding. This morning started at 5. Does that mean this day is off?
Someone found their tongue this week I guess. Dang, it has spent more time out of her mouth than in it.
we went to the store this week with grandma and forgot the stroller or front carrier so she got to ride in a shopping cart like a big girl. Dang, please quit growing up so fast!
At Sunday Night Dinner we were playing Domino’s so Morgan decided to take baby girl. When we walked into the living room, this is how we found them.
These pigtails brought out a whole new personality in this sweet girl.
I got a new phone case for my phone this week. I thought it was really cute and fun, especially since I like cameras :).
Baby girl had her 6 month doctors appointment and shots this morning so I’m a little behind on getting this up… please understand! but….
Today is the day, the day to reveal my gift from the Country in the Christmas link up.
Hosted by these wonderful ladies!! This Uncharted Rhoade, COUNTRY LINKed, Diaries from the Dirt Road and The Ranch Wife Chronicles So we were given a person to shop for, by the way, I had fun going to our local Amish store and getting her some of my favorites, including but not limited to: crinkle cookies! and even a present that came from Ft. Worth, Texas. My blog gal I was to shop for was none other than Jent from Jents Front Porch. I hurried and sent my gift off to her and then waited patiently for mine to show up. It’s always soooo exciting to get things in the mail, especially when it isn’t bills… yuck!
So then one night when hubby came home from work he brought my package in to me from the garage. Now I was supposed to be hurrying so we could leave the house but heck, I just HAD to open my present! Leaving the house could wait!
My package came from Rebekah at Cooped Up Creativity. I was soooo excited I had to go hunt her down on facebook and thank her immediately.
So I got Cherry Jam, honey, chapstick, corn, a table runner, a scarf, a Christmas card and a letter.
And one tip to know you have a baby… the first time you wear the scarf, you already have to wash it because baby girl spits up on it. sigh! But I absolutely LOVE the scarf and it washed up great!!
Thank you soooo much Rebekah and to all the ladies who did a fabulous job of hosting this link up! So much fun. Bring on next Christmas!! 🙂
The 5th Annual Review Extravaganza is now officially over!
First I would like to thank my co-hosts for all of their work, for recapping with me and helping share the word about this review. I also want to thank all of you who linked up. It has been so wonderful meeting new bloggers. I also have loved seeing the responses and seeing how by recapping and looking at the year as a whole has helped many realize that with time, things do change and can get better.
First a Big Thanks to all the hosts! Make sure you are following these ladies if you already aren’t.
We’re now at not only the end of the month but the end of the year. How did we get here, it just seems like it was January 1st. But it’s time to link up with EmmyMom with her 10 Things to Smile about mem so here we go, in no particular order:
1. Our 2014 Christmas Tree. Baby Girl has already walked her walker over and started playing with her ornaments or the lights or the tree :). I hate to say it but I absolutely LOVE it!
Welcome to the third round of the Review Extravaganza! We’re quickly winding down on this year but you still have time to link up with the fun!! If you’re wondering about the rules, check out this post, otherwise grab the button and let’s get to this thing now! 🙂
From the time I had baby girl on the 26th, I don’t really remember much… I’m so glad I have this blog and I forced myself to keep blogging so that I wouldn’t forget. Come the 3rd of July we went to our first Fourth of July celebration at Dive Club meeting. Again I vaguely remember everything but I’m soooo thankful for this blog and the fact that I forced myself to blog about it so I can remember. I was in such a sleep deprived phase for a while.
We had the worst luck this hay season, tractor broke down completely, borrowed a tractor and had 2 flat tires on it, the mower broke a few times, the baler caught on fire twice within 20 minutes, you name it, we probably had to deal with it. Hubby took 2 weeks vacation around the time baby girl was born to help out and spend time with his new baby and instead he spent that whole time in the hayfield dealing with these issues. I grew up on a farm and know things happen but at that time in my life I hated farm life, I blame the hormones. Toward the beginning of July we FINALLY got all the hay mowed and I was never so happy in my life. Like I said, I blame the hormones.
And then there was the night I came home from Lit Theory so upset and frustrated because the theory we were talking about wouldn’t let my head shut down. Don’t worry, it happened almost every Wednesday night for the whole semester. We learned New Criticism, Freudian, Marxist, Feminist, and many others.
I finally got my Birthday present and my Camera Bag. So the story on the birthday present is my husband ordered it, it got lost in transit and we had to turn a claim in on it and it finally arrived almost 2 months after my birthday!