When I was growing up, I don’t think there was much “meal planning” going on, and if there was, I was oblivious to it. And my mom very well could have been and I just didn’t realize it. I had a few friends that their parents did and it always shocked me that they knew exactly what they were going to eat come Friday night.
So now that I’m older, hubby and I have tried and tried to do this and we fail most times. We’ve come up with plans and they’ve changed, etc. But this week, we decided to try again at meal planning. So how did we do you ask? Let’s check it out!
We went to the store on Sunday evening with very specific recipes for the week, just not days for execution of said meals. Baby steps!!
- Breakfast: Cracker Barrel
- Lunch: Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Shame shame, by the time we dropped Tbug off with her mom and went to the store, it was late so we went out to dinner. Hello Mexican food!
- Breakfast: Abug had apple sauce and chocolate pudding by the time she woke up
- Lunch: A frozen Stauffer’s Lasagna and a mini ice cream from the freezer
- Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches and Garlicky Mashed potatoes. For Dessert, Homemade Oreo’s
- Breakfast: Casey’s Sausage Breakfast pizza
- Lunch: Nothing 🙁
- Dinner: Mom offered to make dinner. You never pass up someone else cooking, am I right? We had stuffed Bell Peppers.
- Breakfast: Daylight Donuts. It’s Wednesday, that means Donut day! 🙂
- Lunch: Steak and Shake. I had a Garlic Burger. Never had one before, it was good!
- Dinner: We had dinner at Pa’s Kitchen which is at the church. $5 gets you a meal, can’t beat it. I do not remember what we had….
- Breakfast: Casey’s slice of Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- Lunch: Nothing 🙁
- Dinner: Dive Club Meeting. I made Reuben Rolls & Green Velvet Oreo’s to take. There was also Corned Beef and Cabbage, Salad fixins, potatoes, chocolate cake, and cookie dip for graham crackers
- Breakfast – Pancakes. It was all Abug’s Fault :).
- Lunch – We had lunch guests and went to eat at Acambaro. I had a Cheese Enchilada and Taco with rice (number 1)
- Dinner – Enchilada Soup. This was a planned meal…. score!
- Breakfast – We went to Oklahoma to see my aunt and uncle this weekend. We were on the road by 7:15 am. McDonald’s Bacon Egg & Cheese biscuit around Tulsa 🙂
- Lunch – InterUrban – We had lunch with my aunt and uncle. I had a Chicken Club Salad with Ranch dressing. YUM!
- Dinner – Pizza from a place called Papa’s
So while I had 4 meals planned and we only got 2 of them accomplished… we’re well on our way to this weeks meals! Hey… we weren’t home a lot of the week and we knew we wouldn’t be going in.