Classic phrases said in this wonderful round of cooking in my kitchen…:
- Should we put this dough in the oven so that it can chill?
- Can we put this dough in the microwave so it can chill?
- At my house we have a bad habit of leaving the dishwasher door open if we’re loading it a lot. Memaw walked into the door. Memaw: Ouch. Me: Memaw, there’s a dishwasher there. Memaw: really?
- Want to put that in the oven? (referring to a box that should go in the fireplace/stove)
- Tbug: You’re just like grandma. I better get back before I get kicked.
- Husband: I know you’re busy and all but can you make out a list of receivers of the cookies so we can start bagging them up? Me: yup. 10 minutes later. Husband Did you make me a list. Me: For what? Husband: The cookies. Me: No I forgot.
- Husband: Get the dough out of the fridge for the gingerbread house. Tbug gets it out. Husband: No the other stuff, the full stuff. She put the small one back in the fridge and walked off. Husband: Where’s the dough. Tbug: Oh I forgot.
- So years ago my MIL got called my husband’s grandma. Well this weekend my husband got called my MIL’s father by none other than mwa
- Husband put his elbow in a cookie and smashed it.
Cookies made at our house this weekend:
- Neiman Marcus Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Sugar Cookies (my Grandma S’s recipe)
- We tried to do the Swirl cookies… yeah, they didn’t turn out so hot :(. Big blobs but they tasted really good! I used the Sugar cookie recipe out of the December 2014 Food Network Magazine.
And that was how our weekend before Christmas was spent. Well Sunday we delivered cookies but nothing real funny happened there, we finally came down off of our sugar high.