I never really thought of myself as a baby person, but I’m really smitten with mine! And by the way, she’s growing up WAY. TOO. FAST! She hit a month old on Saturday. Really? A month old :(. I have to tell you she was on her first horse at a month old… but shhhh don’t tell… lol :). I was too but again, don’t tell!… lol.
Anyway I wanted to do something to remember my baby as a baby so I went on pinterest after seeing that Katie had done the same thing and I found a recipe for a salt dough to make a Christmas tree ornament. Sweet!
My biggest fear is will it last? It did bake correctly and made a really cute ornament but I”m scared to death that it won’t last. Does anyone know??
4 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
1 1/2 Cups water
1. Combine ingredients and knead dough for 15-20 minutes.
2. Roll dough out and cut around hand or cut circles out for making hand imprints. Use cookie cutters for ornaments or gift tags. If necessary, slightly dampen pieces to make them stick together.
3. Make a small hole for the hanger and prick to prevent air bubbles
4. Bake at 300ºF for about 20-25 minutes or until golden. You may have to bake considerably longer depending on how thick your items are. They may not feel hard right away but will harden as they cool.
5. Paint and decorate as desired. Acrylic paints work best and use a varnish to make them shiny.