Ok, so I’ve seen that when you hit 100 blogs you are supposed to tell 100 things about yourself that most people wouldn’t know. Boy, this seems like it’ll be difficult and tricky! I don’t even really know how many people read this so I might be doing it for a small few but oh well… so be it! And truthfully I’d love if you’d leave me 5 things about yourself in the comments. I like to meet and get to know people more than talk about myself!
So here we go:
1. When I started this blog, I had no idea where I’d go with it. Some people show photos, some share recipes, me, I just go on about whatever floats my boat. I have photos, I have recipes, I have jibber-jabber…. guess we’ll see if it ever takes on a full direction… 🙂
2. In high school I had a pair of tennis shoes size 11, but now I wear 9-10’s… did my feet shrink??
3. I’m marrying a friend from high school on September 4, 2010. He is my Prince Charming and he knows about computers so it’s fun to call him my PC and go off about being a computer. Yeah, you might have to be there to fully understand 🙂
4. I’ve been driving a vehicle since I was 4 years old. I learned in my dad’s 1986 3/4 ton 4×4. He’d put it in first gear with 4×4 Low= Granny and I’d sit on his hard hat to see over the steering wheel so I could drive a truck for him while he was loading square bales of hay.
5. I actually learned to drive the standard as a standard the summer I turned 12. Dad didn’t have to start it for me anymore 🙂
6. I was riding horses before I could walk. In fact, there is a photo of me on my dad’s old Arabian Stud when I was 1 month old, granted I was in my dad’s arms but still, I was on a horse before I could walk.
7. My mom, Aunt & Grandparents were in the Arabian horse business until I was 5. When I turned 5 mom put Rube up for sale and we bought Quarter Horses that we now compete in Cutting Horse events.
8. I showed my first Cutting Horse when I was 10 in Gainsville, TX.
9. One summer when showing horses I think we spent more of our weekends in Oklahoma & Texas showing horses than we did at our own house. I swore that summer I was a part-time Texas resident.
10. I qualified for the AQHA Youth World show 3 years in a row and the last 2 placed in the top 15 in the world.
11. I was in 4-H until I was old enough for FFA and I got out of 4-H. I wasn’t a fan of 4-H but then got back in my senior year of high school for one year. My boyfriend at the time, his parents convinced me to.
12. I loved FFA. My mom thought I’d use our horses for my SAE project, but I wanted a challenge. Boy did I get one, I started out with 2 market lambs and 2 Dorset ewe lambs (sheep).
13. By my last year in FFA at the State Fair I walked away with Grand Champion FFA Dorset Ram, Grand Champion FFA Dorset Ewe, and Grand Champion Dorset Market Lamb. I’ll tell you it wasn’t an easy road! I learned a lot in those 7 years.
14. All my show sheep had names and I could tell you all about their heritage at the drop of a hat.
15. At one time I had 78 head of sheep but I had dogs get into my herd twice that summer and help me with that. Plus I sold a bunch and took my headcount to about 30. I now have 23 head.
16. I graduated high school with a 3.8 GPA. I was always mad I didn’t try a little harder for the 4.0 but I’ll never regret anything. Life’s to short for regrets!
17. My first vehicle was a 1994 Ford Ranger extended cab that was tricked out, black. It was a 5 speed.
18. I accidentally rear-ended my neighbor on our way home from school 1 month after I got my license. It didn’t hurt either one of us or either vehicle. I/we were lucky. The next day, everyone knew about it :(.
19. I was sweet 16 and never kissed. Got my first kiss 3 months after I turned 16.
20. I took ballet lessons for years and could actually walk better in toe shoes than I could flat-footed.
21. I went to Charleston, SC, when I was 10 without my parents. I went with my grandparents and aunts/uncles but that was the first trip I’d made ever without my parents. By the end of the week, I was ready to be back with my parents!
22. I rode a mechanical Bull in Kansas City at the American Royal when I was at the livestock show held there. I was the only one that didn’t get thrown off, all the boys, did.
23. I absolutely love photos and have had a camera in my hand since I was old enough to have one. My first one took 110mm film. Now I have a dSLR. Boy, I’ve come far 🙂
24. I used to refer to my grandparents as Grandma & Grandpa with the horses and Grandma & Grandpa with the cows. To me, that’s what they were known for having.
25. My favorite author is Janet Evanovich with her Stephanie Plum series.
26. In college I had 37 pair of jeans at one point. People couldn’t believe that but when you are the same size from 8th grade till then, if you take care of your clothes they last!
27. I initially started college going after an Agriculture Journalist degree. I switched halfway through my freshman year of college.
28. I graduated in 2005 with a BS degree in Education, Agriculture. I figured it would open up more doors for me then journalism would.
29. The words, “You Can’t” have always pushed me to prove, I Can. My dad always told me can’t died in the corn patch.
30. My biggest competition in something (whatever I’m doing) is me. I want to do better than my previous time out.
31. I don’t like fish… live ones, dead ones, fishing, on my plate, just don’t like them.
32. I have a passion for cooking!
33. I’m at a dilemma of what I should do about my email address after I’m married b/c right now it contains my last name. That’s about to change.
34. Not that I ever plan on getting a divorce, mine is more of a joke (but I’m serious), I told Prince Charming we’re never getting divorced because I’m not changing my identity more than once.
35. I am a daddy’s girl. No questions about that one. But don’t get me wrong, I love my Momma too!
36. I see no problem in wearing my belt buckle (that I won showing horses) with shorts.
37. Oddly enough, I do have a problem with boots & shorts unless you are just running around your house… it’s not for public
38. and I hate when the pant legs are half-tucked into boots. Either all in our all-out, unless you are traipsing through the mud!
39. I personally don’t think I look good with short hair, but it does make me look older.
40. I chopped off 11 inches a few years ago to donate to Locks of Love. The bad thing, I did it 2 months before my friend’s wedding. If she does that to me this September, I can’t be mad.
41. I’ve never thought I was mature enough for children (ok I might not go that far but still….) but when I get married, I’m going to have a daughter instantly. She is my favorite age though… old enough to do things 🙂
42. I absolutely love strawberries. My mom ate so many when she was pregnant with me she was surprised I didn’t come out red or with red hair or something.
43. I went to grade school for 2 years with my sweetheart and didn’t even know it. We were always in different classes. We actually met in junior high.
44. I love driving big trucks hauling horse trailers. I love pulling up next to people and seeing the look on their face, although it was more amusing when I was 16.
45. My mom and I went to Des Moines, IA, in 2006 and I got to meet Janet Evanovich on her book tour.
46. My number to see her would have had us up until midnight or later but the nice ladies next to me gave me their number and I got to see her around 9 pm.
47. My favorite things to drink are coke, cherry coke, sweet tea, cranberry juice, and water.
48. I so want to visit all 50 states someday. That’s my goal. So far I’ve been to 24.
49. On my 16th birthday I had the chance to go to California that week (a state I’ve never been to) but I passed that up to show sheep at my district fair.
50. My mom told me I couldn’t get my learners to permit to drive until I was 17 1/2. She was in North Carolina with work and my dad said if I could pass the test the first time I could get it on the day I was of age (at 15 1/2). I took the test and passed.
51. My dad let me drive home from the DMV that day, I almost ran a red light. I stopped in time though!!
52. My mom wouldn’t let me drive her anywhere for 3 months after I got my permit.
53. She then told me I couldn’t get my driver’s license until I was 18 because she wasn’t allowed to. She was in California coming home on the day of my 16 birthday. My dad told me if I could pass the test the first time I could get my driver’s license. Guess what, I got it 🙂
54. I was supposed to drive my dad’s 86 Farm truck after I got my driver’s license (the one I learned to drive in) but it was dead at the time and not really reliable (kept breaking down) so my parents got me the 94 Ranger.
55. I have the funkiest hair. From my ears forward it is kinky curly. From my ears back it is wavy but the underneath side is straight. Plus it’s super thick. I had a hairdresser tell me I had enough hair for 3 people plus me.
56. In my family, most kids are born blonde and go brunette the closer to 20 they hit. My hair followed suit.
57. On my 21st birthday I was told I didn’t even look 16. I took that kind of as an insult but was told that would be a compliment someday. Not sure it’s become a compliment yet.
58. While doing my student teaching, I got mistaken for a student a lot of times, even by dressing professionally.
59. But when I was 14 showing at the AQHA Youth World most of the people there thought I’d just graduated high school.
60. I am an only child.
61. On my dad’s side of the family I have one cousin who is 1 year older than I am.
62. On my mom’s side of the family, I was the only grandkid.
63. I actually go by my middle name and have always given my parents grief about that.
64. I’m better about answering my first name but it still takes me a minute. You learn in college when you’re enrolled by that name.
65. In college I took a class that took me to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. We worked cows, played with crocodiles, walked through both dry and wet tropical rainforests, rode horses, and became tourists the last part of the trip. Yeah, I got an A in that class. 🙂
66. Coming back to the US from Costa Rica they tried to steal our shoes from us at Customs because we’d been on Agriculture land. We finally got through but what they didn’t know is one of the girls had a birds nest in her suitcase that we brought back into the country with us. They never checked our luggage, they were more worried about our shoes. That was in 2002, about the time of the Mad Cow Disease outbreak.
67. I went to New York City with my mom for my college graduation present from her. We spent 1 week there. It was awesome!
68. I’ve always wanted to live in a huge city for a couple of years, just b/c I was a farm kid in a smaller town and wanted to see what life was like on the other side.
67. I always thought NYC was one of my favorite cities but I love Chicago almost just as much.
68. I can’t go to Ft. Worth without visiting the Old Stockyards. I love old Ft. Worth.
69. I can talk to a person’s face to face or even a small group of people but I’m not the best when it comes to public speaking.
70. I ran in a few queen pageants when I was in my late teens and early 20’s. It was fun. I was the 2001 Missouri State Fair Dorset Queen.
71. My talents included: playing the clarinet, dancing to The Devil Went Down to Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band, giving a speech (remember I’m not a great public speaker but I made it through!!), and drawing a picture to a song (that was awful!!)
72. I guess mentioning I played the clarinet, yes I was a band person and you guessed it, I played the clarinet.
73. It was because of band that I got to go to Disney World in Orlando, FL.
74. While at Disney World that’s where my Prince Charming and I became excellent friends.
75. After that trip during spring break in March he and I had a few classes together and in one of them he and I passed a note back and forth (oddly enough I found it a few months ago) and he asked me out. At the time I was 15 and I had to ask my parents if I was allowed to go on a date or not. Before I could, a weekend hit and he came back the next Monday with a girlfriend.
76. I hate to admit that but I’m thinking that was a good thing, He and I had a chance to grow up before we went on our first date. Our first date was to dinner club (a monthly thing with some of my friends).
77. I lost one set of grandparents to the same thing, oral cancer. My grandma didn’t smoke so who knows how she got it. My grandpa did when he was in WWII but quit after then. We lost them 9 months apart from each other.
78. That grandma was the DEAL FINDER and I swear that when I find good deals now she is pointing me in the right direction!
79. I’ve bought 2 suits for 2 different people without them around and gotten it right.
80. I type fairly fast and pretty much correct (knock on wood I don’t jinx myself) and it’s all because of ICQ and chatrooms when I was younger. I’d get so many conversations going on I couldn’t hunt and peck.
81. I have a friend I call my BOM and he calls me his SOM. BOM=Brother of Mine and so SOM=Sister of Mine. It all started with a lady that works at one of our branches, she needed help, he and I both helped and she said we were like her kids so we started calling each other sister and brother.
82. I have become excellent friends with his wife too and they are both at our wedding. She is my bridesmaid and he is a groomsman.
83. I used to feel naked if my toenails weren’t painted. I got over that this winter letting my toenails air out. But they are painted again.
84. This summer I painted them crazy things, bumblebees, American Flags, polka dots, whatever my little heart desired.
85. I’ve always wanted a Palomino (the blonde colored horse with white mane and tail) and so last summer my mom and I went partners and bought one.
86. We still haven’t gotten her registered in our name yet…. whoops!
87. I’m learning photoshop but I would love to learn more and actually retain it. I need more hours in a day!
88. I watch Tbug do gymnastics in amazement, I’m not sure I’ve ever been able to do the splits, they just look way to painful!
89. I’ve always loved to cook and wanted to own my own restaurant someday. When I was little my Grandma (who passed away) and I would play Restaurant with water :). Everyone got water. We played on her concrete basement floor so it didn’t matter if I spilled :).
90. I had 6 moles removed in 9th grade because they didn’t want to chance it with cancer. They were all benign.
91. I was supposed to wear braces one doctor said for 4 years and probably have to do the headgear also. I was in and out in 1 year 4 months no headgear.
92. Prince Charming and I chose our wedding date because it would have been my grandparent’s anniversary. (If you can’t tell, I miss that set of grandparents a lot!!!)
93. I hate gambling. I don’t like to see my hard-earned money go down the drain.
94. Although while I was in Vegas a few years ago (the May before I turned 21 so I could have been kicked out) I actually gambled with a dollar just to say I had gambled in Las Vegas.
95. I spent a week in Washington D.C. in high school. I went with FFA. That was a life-changing experience.
96. I spent a week driving around South Dakota with FFA one summer also. Mt. Rushmore is beautiful! The Badlands were awesome and the Black Hills were wonderful!
97. I received my American FFA degree which is the highest honor you can receive. When I started FFA as a freshman my dad challenged me to get my State FFA degree as a junior like he did and he challenged me for the American which he never received. I made a commitment right then and there that I would get my American for both of us. When I walked across that stage I felt like I did us both proud :).
98. My favorite color is purple. I think they should make a purple tractor someday 🙂
99. Our wedding colors are Teal and Brown. Our bedroom colors will be blue and brown. We chose the wedding colors because Teal is a brighter blue and it’ll allow us to incorporate some of the wedding decor into our room so we’ll always remember that special day!
100. I dated a guy in high school that wanted to get married once he graduated. He was younger than me. I knew at the time I was to immature to get married and I had too much of the world to see and too much I wanted to do. I’m not done by far, but now I’ll have one more thing crossed off my list and that’s to marry my best friend! Life’s to short for regrets. And even though some days you wish you did this and not that, it’s all about choices and deciding how to live. Just move on and maybe someday some of those opportunities will come back around. And if not, well at least hope you made the right decision!!!
Ok, that was difficult. I’m not sure how many people stayed with me through it all but if you did… you know more than most! :). It even took me a while to come up with all that, I couldn’t do it in one sitting. And like I said at the beginning of this… I’m not sure how many people actually read this but hey I’ll always be able to look back, right 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful day and remember I’d love to learn about you too!!!!!!