Happy Valentine’s Day!! Or in college I called it SAD day also (Single’s awareness day). Hope you enjoy the day however you decide to celebrate it!
First off, I’d just like to say, I’d be lying if I said I was happy we hadn’t had snow yet. Now I’m not a big fan of snow, but it did snow some yesterday, so that was exciting. Now I’m done with it for the year… LOL :).
Hubby was so sweet. He didn’t want me driving in case it got worse so he took me to work.
You know how women like new purses? Well back right after we got married, hubby’s first married birthday, he got a new wallet. Well that was a little over a year ago and he was starting to get the itch for a new one. So for Valentine’s Day I’m pleased to say, hubby got a new wallet. Since I’ve known him he’s always carried the Cowboy style, or Rodeo style I think is what they call them if you go to purchase one. But this time, he decided to go with the trifold.
Now since it’s Valentine’s Day, I ran across a cookie that I figured hubby would like. He loves M&M cookies. He likes peanut butter & chocolate combo. What better way than to put the two together!!
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups (1 bag, 12 oz) mini M&M’s
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, soda and salt using a wire whisk and set aside.
3) In another bowl, cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
4) Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
5) Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined.
6) Stir in mini M&M’s.
7) Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls.
8) Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cookies will still be soft but will set up after cooling. Place cookies on cookie rack to cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
So I only baked off half the dough. The rest is going in the freezer so the next time he wants cookies, we just have to bake them off :).