- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper (optional)
- Stainless Steel Bowl (optional)
- Zip Lock Quart Freezer Bags
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash Okra & drain in a colander
- If freezing for frying cut off both ends & cut into bite-size pieces. (about 1 in)
- If freezing whole trim stem end leaving the stem intact
- Put okra (cut or whole) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Put in the oven for about 8 min.
- Remove from oven
- Let cool completely
*If freezing cut okra for frying, place in a large stainless steel bowl to coat with flour and Cornmeal. You don’t have to put flour on the okra before freezing but this step makes it easier for future use.
*If you as is you can use in soups & gumbos.
*You can also freeze it in a single layer on a sheet pan & put in bags when frozen. This keeps it from sticking together and you can take out what you need as you need it.