Holy cow, where did the month of August go? Seriously?!?! Yesterday (the 28th) would have been my grandpa’s birthday. Boy, I miss him every day! (as well as my other grandma and grandpa… I wish heaven was a place we could visit!). But anyway with the thought that his birthday would have been yesterday means that we are at the end of the month… And at the end of the month, it is time for 10 things to Smile about hosted by EmmyMom.
1. Amendment 1 passed. I was for it passing. I did a lot of research and there was a lot of crap put out there by the wrong people and that is the stuff people wanted to believe. It only passed by 2,500 votes or so, but it passed. That’s what matters!
2. Baby girl had a really bad day but that meant lots of mommy/baby snuggles for me!
3. I’ve found a newfound love for meatloaf. I think I had it 6 times in 3 weeks or something like that. YUM!
4. Baby girl has started smiling, a lot!!!
5. We’ve been cleaning out my parent’s basement and I stumbled across the reason I wanted to be a teacher that I wrote back my senior year of high school. I’m not going to deny I still feel that way…
6. We went to the Lamar fair where I judged leadline and took pictures :).
7. OMG baby girl turned 2 months old. I’m not sure if I want to smile or lay down in the fetal position and cry but the fact of the matter is she turned 2 months old. I love my baby girl!
8. This baby girl. That’s all!
10. I started school and while I’m not just totally ecstatic about that… it makes me that much closer to graduating with a masters.