1. Do you ever have those moments when you feel like OH CRAP I said that?
Wednesday night we had dinner at Perky & Earl’s and I found out that you could buy cookies in packages. One came with food coloring markers, the other came with icing and they were ready for decorating. I blurted out “You bought those, seriously?” Ok I meant it as holy cow that’s awesome, I didn’t know you could do such a thing… but everyone involved in that conversation thought I was making fun of Earl for buying such a thing as opposed to making them. Ugh!
So let’s state for the record, I thought it was friggin cool and I’m ready to buy some for Tbug next time she’s over so she can join in on the fun!!!
2. Wednesday I went and bought us a new office chair. My mom went with me and volunteered to drive since she had a back seat with my dad’s truck and I was driving my hubby’s which is just a single cab. It looked like rain even though it was a 30% chance so she said, “better be safe than sorry.” We got back to work just before 1pm and at 1:16 it let loose and POURED like a cow peeing on a flat rock. Hmm… good thing the chair was sitting in the backseat of dad’s truck instead of the bed of hubbys!
3. Last weekend I went and shot pictures of a steer riding event. It rained. I got to stand huddled under a huge umbrella to shoot photos. Thanks dad for holding the umbrella!! So I got an alert from weather.com’s app that said we were in a severe thunderstorm warning until 8pm. It was 7:45 when it blew in. Everyone went to seek cover and didn’t tell us, so dad and I were like screw this and took off for the grand stand. I was soaked from my butt cheeks to my feet, but my camera wasn’t harmed!
4. So I heard yesterday that Google Reader is going away. Is that true? What am I going to do to keep up with all the blogs I follow? Please someone verify &/or help me!!!
5. I get teased for all the bags I drag to work with me on any normal given day. Laptop bag, camera bag, purse. I weighed it all one day to see how much extra weight I was carrying… dun dun dun…. 30 lbs. Holy crap! This week I haven’t been dragging all of that for different reasons… Wow I can get in and out of the building faster!
6. So I had a Proud Mommy Moment to share this week but never got around to uploading the photos/video so I guess that will have to wait until next week. I know, mean right. ha!
7. It also involves my nephew, which is weird to hear me say… He’s always been my husband’s nephew but when you think about it… I’m married to my husband so he’s my nephew too. Boy there is a huge adjustment period when you get married… apparently 2 years and counting. Things sneak up on me all the time.
8. I always said I wanted nieces and nephews and I would have to marry a guy with siblings so I could have that. I dated an only child once, and I’m an only child. Wow, we wouldn’t have been an aunt or uncle in that case… but my nephew now doesn’t call me Aunt Nicole so I guess that’s why I never really thought about being his aunt. What can I say, I’m weird.
9. My husband gets mad at me sometimes because of how tight with money I am. I might find something for $2 even that I’d really like but I refuse to buy because I think either A) What could I get for that $2 that would be more beneficial, B) I really don’t need that even though I’d like it, C) That’s a lot of money, D) I don’t need everything I see, and many many more things. He gets annoyed with my thinking but heck, $2 here and $2 there adds up real fast… So Friday night I found some pencils I wanted. I love office supplies. He told me to get them. But I was like how often do I write with a pencil? I think it was 2 pencils for $2 and change or something… and I refused to get them. Look what I have though…
10. It’s Friday! Happy Friday all!
11. Update: I’m linking up here