Guys, I think I lost a day of my life. I’m not sure how it happened, but I can’t really account for yesterday much.
I know I made cookies (Trust me, run to the store and make them too! I’ll talk about them in a minute!!). From there… um…
I’m confused how I went from Tuesday to Thursday. A friend of mine a few years ago had to be kept under sedation for a day. She really did lose a day and couldn’t account for it. I can sort of account for my yesterday, but all day yesterday I was having trouble with what day is it. I guess my routine was off a little bit so it made it a little more difficult to remember it was Wednesday.
Tbug is on Spring Break and spending time with us. Yesterday she was back with her mom for the day. Abug knew she was coming back last night. Every time the dogs barked she’d run to the door asking if Tbug was back yet. I started feeling bad for her really. A Threenager doesn’t quite have the concept of time. Poor kid.
So finally I decided to take her to the shower and get her ready for bed. While we were in the process of getting showered/dressed, Tbug finally arrived. Then Abug bounced off the frigging walls. Holy Cow. She was wound for sound. She sure loves her sissy! We’re pretty fond of her too… lol… but the other day I told Tbug she and I were no longer friends. I have no idea how it started but it started Tuesday night.
When she got here last night, I continued with the no longer friend’s schpeel (spiel) and then I started in with, You smell. Again, I have no idea. So I guess first thing this morning when Abug woke up, she looked at Tbug and said, “You Smell. Can I have a new Ba?” Tbug said, nope, you said I smell. So then Abug started quickly backtracking and saying, No you don’t!
I mentioned the cookies above. It’s time to discuss the cookies. They are Carrot Cake Cookies. What?!?! Mind Blown right? Okay, it’s Easter time. Bunnies. Carrots. Cookies. What more could you need or ask for? Seriously! To try and keep Abug’s mind of Tbug not being here, I had her help me make cookies. I’m pretty sure making cookies is one of her favorite things to do… no joke.
I grated up the carrots while we were waiting for the butter to soften, then she and I went to work. Now in the recipe, it says you can’t use old-fashioned rolled oats, you NEED quick oats. I didn’t have quick oats and I have a tendency to use those oats interchangeably. More than once the recipe said, You CAN’T use old fashioned oats. I didn’t listen. I used old fashioned oats. They worked perfectly. No complaints! One thing… My cookie dough batter sat around for about 30 minutes waiting on the oven because we were baking other things. Maybe that helped “soften” the oats. Just a thought. I don’t know.
I can tell you though, the old-fashioned oats worked perfectly!
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 cup Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup packed Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cloves
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 2 cups oats
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream together butter with both sugars for about 5 minutes on medium speed or until light and fluffy and creamy. Then add eggs, one at a time mixing each in before adding the next. Finally, add the vanilla. Beat the vanilla in, then scrape down the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Turn mixer on low and slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer. At this point, your batter may be stiff so use a wooden spoon to continue stirring if necessary, otherwise, continue with the mixer. Finally, stir in the carrots and oats. Stir until just incorporated, don’t over mix or you’ll have tough cookies.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop dough into 1 1/2″ balls of dough. Place on the cookie sheets about 2″ apart. Then flatten slightly, <g class=”gr_ gr_5144 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep” id=”5144″ data-gr-id=”5144″>otherwise</g> you’ll have a ball instead of a cookie.
- Bake cookies 10-12 <g class=”gr_ gr_5139 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep” id=”5139″ data-gr-id=”5139″>minutes,</g> adjust according to your oven but you want the edges to be lightly golden. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing to the cookie rack to completely cool.
- Try to stay out of these… I dare you!
- *adapted from Carlsbad Cravings
One thought on “Wednesday”
Those cookies sound delicious! I think that letting the oats sit for half an hour may have helped.