2 Years

Spread the love

Where were you 2 years ago?  What day would that have been?  What year?  Can you answer any of those questions?  I can.

The day of the week would have been a Friday.  The year would have been 2010.  Starting at 8am in the morning I was making phone calls left and right.  First to the bank, then to the hospital and back again.  The Hospital said I didn’t pay a $25 co-pay bill (that they make you pay in advance before they’ll do anything to you) from 2008.  The bank wanted to charge me $28/hr to research and find the check I had written.  I was arguing with the hospital that they wouldn’t see me without paying the co-pay.  I was arguing with the bank that I wasn’t going to pay $28/hr to find a $25 check.

The bank finally reasoned with me that that wouldn’t have been a smart thing to do.  I finally proved that I paid the $25 co-pay but the hospital didn’t credit it to my account for a while, so therefore they thought I hadn’t paid it.  Gah and people wonder why I don’t go to the hospital/doctor!

About 10am  I was mad.  I had been so shook up because I am one to PAY MY BILLS.  The mail gal came by and saw my face was red and talked to me for a few minutes and then went on her way.  Just as she left Nancy at the front desk called me to tell me I had a beautiful package sitting on her desk.  I told her I’d be up.  I started to do the mail real fast and said, nope, screw it.

Would you like to know what I was wearing?  My husband says I have a steel trapped mind sometimes.  I know what I was wearing this particular day.  One of my favorite pairs of Lucky’s.  My Red Nike Shocks.  A t-shirt that said Tbugs Cheer team on it.  And my Fight like a girl sweatshirt.  Sorry I can’t tell you what bra and panties… I know you’re bummed about that right?

And this was what was waiting for me at the front desk.

Now I had already told the boy, Don’t get me flowers.  I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like them.  What girl doesn’t like flowers, even when she says she doesn’t want them. :).

I called him on my trek back to my desk to give him fits.  He didn’t answer his phone.  Odd because he was just talking to me via g-talk.  That’s fine, whatever I’ll go hit him up when I get back to my desk.

When I got back to my desk, I walked around the corner to this:

At 10:15am, 2 years ago I shocked.  I forgot what had happened that morning.  I cried.  I barely squeaked out a “Yes”.  I about tacked my soon to be husband to the ground in a bear hug.  I changed my life.

We’ve had our differences and disagreements.  We’ve had our struggles.  We’ve even had a bunch of learning curves, but at 10:15 on February 12, 2010 I made one of the best decisions of my life.  Thank you husband for asking that all important question.  If you were to ask me again today, I’d give you the same exact answer.  Although maybe not such a squeaky voice this time :).

You can read the whole story here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *