One of the exciting summer sporting event activities around happens to be a Springfield Cardinals Game located at Hammons Field in Springfield, MO (955 E. Trafficway Springfield, MO).
So who exactly are the Springfield Cardinals? Well, they are a Double-A Texas League affiliate of the 11-time World Champion St. Louis Cardinals. They are owned and operated by the St. Louis Cardinals Major League Baseball Team located in St. Louis, Missouri. In 2012 they won their first Texas League Title.
Tickets range from $7 to $49 dollars per seat depending on seating location. This particular game we were able to eat in the Red Bird Roost which included seats and all the food you could eat (hot dogs, enchiladas, bratwurst, fruit, popcorn, and Coca-Cola Products.
The best news is children 3 and under are not required to have a seat as long as they sit on your lap. Children that need a seat, buy a ticket.
Summer is hot. Everyone wants and needs to stay hydrated. Good news, every person is allowed to bring one bottle of water in per person.
The Springfield Cardinals have been located in Springfield at Hammons Field since the 2005 Baseball season. Prior to that, they were located in Sevierville, Tennessee under the name of the Tennessee Smokies.
This particular game was the Springfield Cardinals versus the Arkansas Travelers. We lost 7/4 against the Travelers. In the Texas League:
- Arkansas Travelers feed to Los Angeles Angels located in North Little Rock, AR
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals feeds to the Kansas City Royals located in Springdale, AR
- Springfield Cardinals feed to the St. Louis Cardinals located in Springfield, MO
- Tulsa Drillers feed to the Los Angeles Dodgers located in Tulsa, OK
- Corpus Christi Hooks feeds to the Houston Astros located in Corpus Christy, TX
- Frisco RoughRiders feeds to the Texas Rangers located in Frisco, TX
- Midland RockHounds feeds to the Oakland Athletics located in Midland, TX
- San Antonio Missions feeds to the San Diego Padres located in San Antonio, TX
And that my friends is something to do on those sultry summer nights. Hope you enjoy!!